Now open for registration
The Feminist International Law of Peace and Security (FILPS) is hosting a series of virtual events in collaboration with the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) to build on visions of a feminist peace.
Women’s tireless activism through political institutions and local communities, through protest, advocacy, litigation and scholarship, has been instrumental in securing the progressive development of policy and law, at national and international levels. Across the world, women’s and feminist groups are using legal and policy tools creatively to advance equal rights. Yet transformative change remains slow. Women are still fighting for equality in all spheres of life. Peace remains an elusive goal. Women, and even more so minority women, continue to be excluded and marginalised from mainstream conflict prevention efforts to peacebuilding measures. Reflecting on this, the programme of events will discuss an interdisciplinary, inclusive, intergenerational feminist vision of peace.
Up Coming Visions of Feminist Peace Panel Events
International Law and a Gender-Just Peace – 15th September, 10:00 – 11:30 (BST)
- A discussion among international lawyers and experts, this panel explores what might be the components of a feminist peace, how such a vision might be possible in today’s international law and what changes to the structures of international law might be needed.
Mohbuba Choudhury, Cordula Droege, Monica Feria-Tinta, Patricia Viseur Sellers
Chair: Louise Arimatsu
- Register: https://www.lse.ac.uk/women-peace-security/events/Current-Events/International-Law-and-a-Gender-Just-Peace
Can we Archive Memories? Greenham Common Women’s Peace Camp and Beyond – 17th September, 15:30 – 16:30 (BST)
- This special panel event will include a discussion from the organisers of the Greenham Woman Everywhere project alongside LSE Library archivists, where we will explore some of the issues around archiving memories such as those of Greenham Common and beyond.
- This event is co-hosted by the LSE Library.
Silvia Gallotti,Kate Kerrow, Rebecca Mordan, Emma Pizarro
Chair: Louise Arimatsu
- Register: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/can-we-archive-memories-greenham-common-womens-peace-camp-beyond-tickets-117623520115
Feminist Peace in International Law and the Academy: a conversation with Professor Di Otto – 21st September, 9.30 – 10.30 (BST)
- In this conversation between project Principle Investigators and Professor Di Otto, the discussion will explore visions of feminist peace from the perspective of international law academics, with discussion also of a draft statement on feminist peace based on the research and interdisciplinary conversations undertaken within the Feminist International Law of Peace and Security project.
Christine Chinkin, Louise Arimatsu, Dianne Otto
Chair: Keina Yoshida
- Register https://www.lse.ac.uk/women-peace-security/events/Current-Events/A-conversation-with-Professor-Dianne-Otto