What is HERitage all about?
Local women in Northumberland know that we live and work in a beautiful part of the country. Many of our members run local hospitality, leisure and personal development businesses and now we’d like to make more connections between local women and women from further afield by sharing information about activities, services and short breaks, run by local women-led businesses.
Choose from our pre-planned seasonal programmes, or take advantage of our local knowledge to help you design your own break or activity programme. We can suit a range of budgets, from one day guided walks, site visits and workshops to week long retreats with a range of therapies and ways to unwind; from camping, self-catering and hospitality stays to luxury B&B and full board.
By booking your stay or activity in Northumberland through the HERitage project, you will be guaranteed a woman-friendly enjoyable break, at the same time as helping to sustain rural women’s livelihoods, and supporting the work of Fourth Action with local women in need.
What do we mean by ‘women-friendly’?
- All workshops and outdoor activities are led by experienced, qualified female leaders who have many years’ knowledge of the area.
Please note that if we can’t source a local woman to run the activity you request we will get in touch to see if you would like us to go ahead with a male instructor.
- All of the businesses used by HERitage have signed up to a commitment to provide women guests with the respect they deserve and the privacy they request
- Accommodation that is women-friendly and women-only if requested
- HERitage is committed to offering equal access to disabled women wherever possible
- HERitage can cater for women with children or other dependants on request.
What do you mean by ‘women-friendly’?
Help us to improve our service by letting us know what you would expect from a women-friendly break, activity or holiday – email@example.com
HERitage is a project of a local women’s organisation, Fourth Action click on the logo to find out more about what we do and how your participation in HERitage will help local women.